New Year’s Eve Yoga Retreat with Rawfood Workshop – Panama Dec 2015
Get fit, healthy and awesome – (and maybe have a few cocktails too)!
26th December 2015 – 2nd January 2016
After the great success of our past 5 retreats here and due to popular demand come join us this December on our New Year’s Retreat in the Caribbean islands of beautiful Bocas del Toro, Panama, for an unforgettable week of Yoga, Surfing, Fitness classes and much more.
It’s no surprise to us that Bocas has been named THE top place to visit by the Times Magazine and Condé Nast, take a look for yourself.
We first discovered Bocas del Toro 14 years ago backpacking through Central America and were just fascinated by its location, beaches, food, people and relaxed lifestyle. There is so much to Bocas words can’t even explain. You have to see for yourself. And for 14 years …not much has changed in Bocas. It’s still the same beautiful place, no highrise buildings or crowded beaches, and we and our previous guests just love it that way.
We will be staying at the Bocas Island Lodge on the beautiful island of Bastimentos, surrounded by lush, green jungle, and only a few minutes walk from the famous Red Frog Beach. Bastimentos island is only a short 10 minutes boat ride away from the main island Isla Colon with its airport, restaurants, cafes, shops and nightlife. At Bocas Island Lodge you can experience the natural side of Bocas as you spend your days lounging on beautiful Red Frog Beach (awarded the best beach in Bocas) and your nights falling asleep to the peaceful sounds of the jungle and the rhythm of breaking waves. It is a truly magnificent place to recharge, get spoiled and relax.
Enjoy daily Yoga classes in our beautiful studio overlooking the ocean as well as surfing classes right outside your hotel with certified instructors. Come on a day trip to discover the beautiful islands of Bocas, watch dolphins, snorkel or just enjoy local Caribbean food. Our own private chef will prepare delicious dishes comprising a combination of (mainly) locally sourced ingredients including fish, meat, raw and vegan options.
The double rooms are very comfortable and beautifully furnished with air-conditioner, large queen size bed, draws and much more. The area very spacious and beautiful for couples or single travelers. There are also 2 rooms with 3 single beds in them so perfect for sharing.
The dorm rooms are spacious and comfortable with semi-orthopedic mattresses, a ceiling fan and light, and large lockers for each guest. The dorm rooms are fitted with air-conditioners.
- 7* nights accommodation of your choice (see above)
- 7* breakfast (mainly organic) – choice of fresh juices, egg dishes, jams etc. salads, beans, juices- we have our own private chef
- Daily Yoga classes with a certified teacher in the jungle overlooking the ocean
- posture clinics, flexibility workshops, backbending workshops etc.
- 2* fitness classes
- 2* surf classes with certified surf instructors each session 2 -3 hours)
- 3* dinner
- New Year’s Eve set 4-course menu overlooking the Ocean prepared by a Michelin star chef
- half day tour to snorkel, watch dolphins and visit the stunning islands around Bocas
- round trip airport transfers from Bocas del Toro airport to Bastimentos island
- Shared accommodation – dorm room: 980 USD per person
- Shared accommodation – double room: 1450 USD per person
- Single accommodation – private room (double bed): 1700 USD per person
- If you book shared accommodation in a double room by yourself we will match you with another guest of the same gender and age range.
- On the nights where dinner is not included we will let you know where we go with the group and everyone is welcome to join, dinner prices are on average between 10 – 15 USD per person
There are plenty in Bocas and can be arranged for you on an individual basis once there, activities include:
Massages + facials by our own therapist using organic and home made products -(this is probably the best part for me 🙂 , sunset cruises, horseback riding on the beach, SUP , SUP Yoga, diving, painting workshop or chocolate making workshops, cave tours and botanical gardens tour, additional private surf classes, diving, zip-lining,
How to get to Bocas del Toro:
Bocas del Toro is easy to reach by plane, bus and/or boat. The fastest way is by plane, which takes about 1 hour each way from Panama City or San Jose (Costa Rica). There are between 6-8 flights a day from Panama City to Bocas. Flights leave from Albrook airpot which is 30 – 40 minutes from the international airport. Please check www.airpanama.com.
If you are arriving from Costa Rica please check www.natureair.com for flights. We are also happy to book flights for you. No problem! If you plan to travel by bus/boat please note that the trip varies in time and takes anywhere between 7-10 hours. We can arrange that for you as well. Please contact us!
Also please be aware that airpanama only always updates their system with flights around 3 months before the actual flight. So If you are checking the website in August you are very unlikely to find flights for December. It is the caribbean after all 🙂 We will inform you when the flights become available, not to worry there are plenty.
- International/national flights to Bocas del Toro are NOT included in the price
- Check-in on the first day of the retreat is from 2pm and check-out on the final day by 12 pm. The hotel will do its best to accommodate earlier arrivals/late departures where possible. Should your room not be ready yet you can always leave your luggage with the hotel and relax in a hammock or the beach.
- Travel insurance is not included but we highly recommend you get it (they do cover also any fees occurred should you need to cancel your trip because of illness etc.)
- An initial USD $1000 deposit is required to secure your place at our retreat
- The remaining amount is due no later than 60 days prior to the retreat start date
- Any cancellation will require an administrative fee of $150 USD
- Up to 120 days prior to the retreat start date – the full amount paid will be refunded
- Up to 70 days prior to the retreat start date – 50% of the full amount paid will be refunded
- After 45 days prior to the retreat start date – no refund applies
- Refunds will be reimbursed within 30 days of the cancellation
Are you ready to…
For any additional questions please email us directly at