Bikram Yoga & Surf Retreat Feb. 2015
with Kathy Durham- Bocas del Toro, Panama
Sat, 21st – Sat, 28th February 2015
After the great success of our Retreats in January and July (click here for pictures of past Retreats there), join us in February in the Caribbean islands of beautiful Bocas del Toro, Panama, for an unforgettable week of Yoga and Fitness classes and more with Bikram Yoga teacher and US Yoga Asana Champion Kathy Durham.
Our Hotel is located on beautiful Carenero island, just a 5 minute boat ride from the main island Isla Colon with its airport, shops, restaurants and night life. There are no cars on Carenero island, access to the Hotel is directly via its own pier and only via boat which guarantees quietness and privacy.
We first discovered Bocas del Toro 13 years ago backpacking through Central America and were just fascinated by its location, beaches, food, people and relaxed lifestyle. There is so much to Bocas words can’t even explain. You have to see for yourself. And for 13 years …not much has changed in Bocas. It’s still the same beautiful place and we just love it. Have a look for yourself.
Enjoy daily Bikram Yoga classes in our beautiful studio overlooking the ocean as well as surfing classes right outside your hotel. Come on a day trip to discover the beautiful islands of Bocas, watch dolphins, snorkel or just enjoy local Caribbean food. Our own private chef will prepare delicious dishes comprising a combination of (mainly) locally sourced ingredients including fish, meat, raw and vegan options.
Optional activities include: Horseback riding on the beach, diving, painting workshop or chocolate tour.
We look forward to welcoming again people from all around the world in beautiful Bocas, where one of our owners just recently even moved to as she loves the place so much 🙂
- 7 nights accommodation in either single or double (shared) occupancy at Hotel Tierra Verde on Carenero Island set right on the water (all rooms are equipped with private bathroom, Aircon, TV and Wifi ) – single accommodation is limited!
- 7 * Brunch prepared by our own Chef
- 3 * Dinner prepared by our own Chef
- 1 * BBQ night
- Daily fresh juices and smoothies
- Daily Bikram Yoga classes on 6 days in a Yoga studio overlooking the ocean
- 4 * Surf Classes including surf board rental, guided instruction, boat transfers to the surf spot and rash guard
- Day trip to Dolphin Bay, Red Frog Beach – snorkel, swim, relax and discover the stunning islands of Bocas del Toro
- Cocktail sunset night!
- all boat transfers to the Yoga Room and for our activities for our activities which are included in the trip
- Enough time to relax…. and lots of fun… guaranteed!
Example of a day at the retreat:
|8.30am – 10.00am||Morning Bikram Yoga Class|
|10.00am – 11.30am||Brunch|
|11.30am – 1.00pm||Free time|
|1.00pm – 4.00pm||Surf – Class|
|4.00pm – 7.00pm||Free time|
|7.00pm – 9.00pm||Dinner|
$ 1595 – USD for double/shared occupancy (either 2 people in room sharing or queen size bed for couple )
$ 2195 – USD for single occupancy (queen size bed)
All of our Retreats are open to ALL levels – whether you are new to Yoga – and please note, you don’t have to take part in all the Yoga classes – it’s all up to you. Do as much or as little as you like! It’s YOUR holiday!
How to get there:
Bocas del Toro is easy to reach by plane, bus and/or boat. The fastest way is by plane, which takes about 1 hour each way from Panama City or San Jose (Costa Rica). There are around 6 flights a day from Panama City to Bocas. Please check www.airpanama.com (they have several flights a day to Bocas).
If you are arriving from Costa Rica please check www.natureair.com for flights. We are also happy to book flights for you. No problem! If you plan to travel by bus/boat please note that the trip varies in time and takes anywhere between 7-10 hours. We can arrange that for you as well. Please contact us!
Also please be aware that airpanama only always updates their system with flights around 3 months before the actual flight. So If you are checking the website in September you are very unlikely to find flights for January. We will inform you when the flights become available, not to worry there are plenty.
- International/national flights to Bocas del Toro are NOT included in the price
- Travel insurance is not included but we highly recommend you get it
- An initial USD $1000 deposit is required to secure your place at our retreat
- The remaining amount is due no later than 60 days prior to the retreat start date
- Any cancellation will require an administrative fee of $150 USD
- Up to 120 days prior to the retreat start date – the full amount paid will be refunded
- Up to 70 days prior to the retreat start date – 50% of the full amount paid will be refunded
- Up to 45 days prior to the retreat start date – 25% of the full amount paid will be refunded
- After 45 days prior to the retreat start date – no refund applies
- Refunds will be reimbursed within 30 days of the cancellation
Are you ready to…
For any additional questions please email us directly at