Hot Yoga Retreat – Morocco – March 2020
Luxury Hot Yoga Retreat in Taghazout, Morocco
(with optional Surfing and SUP package)
Saturday, 21st March – Saturday, 28th March 2020
We are back in March 2020 !Come join us and yogis from all over the world in Taghazout, Morocco for an 8 day / 7 night Hot YOGA vacation of a lifetime at the amazing Hyatt Hotel Taghazout Bay ***** with Bikram & Yin Yoga teacher & Studio Owner of Hot Box Yoga Luxembourg –
Sheelagh O´Connor Deri . Check out her bio and background here.
Soak in the fresh sea breezes from the balcony of your room or suite and enjoy delicious and healthy Moroccan and international meals. Improve your practice during our twice daily Bikram Yoga classes and tailored workshops, swim in one of the many waterfalls and natural pools in beautiful Paradise Valley during our excursion and experience a Souk (traditional market) in the buzzing town of Agadir, or simply… just relax at one of the many Spa treatments on offer. This Retreat has it all! Oh and let’s not forget – make new friends from all over the world.
Stunning sunset view from our hotel – no filters needed
Location & Weather
Taghazout is a laid-back fishing village 19km (13 miles) north of Agadir in the North West of Morocco on the Atlantic Ocean. Once famous for calamari and hippies (which of course you can still find today) it is now considered Morocco’s premier surfing, yoga and wellness destination. With 340 sunny days a year and average temperatures in March of around 26 C (79 F) during the day , it is very warm in Taghazout so leave the umbrella at home and pack your bathing suit, yoga pants and flip flops. Its a very safe area as well so no need to worry about any disturbances to your holiday.
sunset in Taghazout – I personally took this picture – no filter needed
How to get there:
Our 5 star hotel (detailed description of the hotel is below) is a short 20 – 40 min. drive from Agadir International Airport (Codes- IATA :AGA, ICAO: GMAD). Agadir Airport can be easily reached directly from most European cities including London, Paris, Amsterdam, Luxembourg, Munich, Frankfurt, Madrid, Zurich, Brussels, Copenhagen, Stockholm and many more. We suggest to check skyscanner for the best travel connection. Airport transfers for the week are included on the day of the arrival and departure of the retreat at any time by private chauffeur from the hotel.
Our private Yoga room for the week
There are 2 classes of Bikram Yoga offered every day (90 Min.) One in the morning and one in the evening. Except for the one day where we will be going on an excursion, there will be one class a day only. All classes will be held at the private yoga room with mirrors and heaters! Additional workshops in postures will be held during some afternoons as well as Yin Yoga Classes and Sound Baths Sessions to mix it up. Of course, as usual on our retreats, all classes are open to all levels and optional to attend. It is your holiday, so choose as much or as little as you like from all the classes on offer.
Some from our group at the daytrip to stunning paradise valley – a true paradise
Swimming in Paradise Valley
Additional Surfing and SUP:
You can also book Surf classes and SUP classes once at the hotel and try surfing right outside the resort (around 30/40 USD for a 2 hour lesson) – 5 min. drive away. It´s a perfect spot where we are in Taghazout , the place is world famous for surfing.
Camels in front of our hotel – yes you can ride them too 🙂
A typical day at the retreat will look like this:
|7.30am – 8.00am
|Morning Coffee and Tea
|8.15 – 9.45am
|Morning Hot Yoga Class
|Free time to relax at the beach, the pool, book a massage, surf class or SUP class or maybe try to play some golf ?
|3.00pm – 4.30pm
|Workshops/ Posture Clinics / Yin Yoga Class
|5.00pm – 6.30pm
|Afternoon Hot Yoga
|7.00pm – 8.00pm
Traditional dinner at the famous Auberge restaurant in Taghazout
The 5 star Hyatt Place Taghazout ***** is our location for this awesome retreat week. It overlooks the Atlantic Ocean and is adjacent to the 18-hole golf course designed by the architect Kyle Philips. The resort is spread over an area of 615 hectares, in front of a coastal strip of 4.5 km of beaches of exceptional beauty. Plenty of space for everyone to relax and soak in the sun. The hotel is a 3-5 min. drive to the next beach on top of a hill with stunning ocean and sunset views (shuttles are available)
The guestrooms and suites with a mixture of contemporary and stylish furnishings including a plush Hyatt Grand Bed, and state-of-the-art media and work centres, cozy-corner sofa sleeper and free Wi-Fi everywhere. There is 24/7 room service menu, 2 restaurants, a cocktail bar, access to the 24 hour stay fit gym, 2 outdoor swimming pools and a SPA. There is a lot of space for all guests to soak in the beauty of the area and relax in your private pool cabana.
King Size Deluxe room – Ocean Views
The Spa Asenfo by Cinq Mondes ( find the link to Spa menu here – prices are in MAD – Maroccan Dirham) invites you to enjoy an indoor and outdoor massage treatment to feel the soft ocean winds by using their products that are both sensuous and effective and offer a journey into this rich and ancient Moroccan region culture. There are facials, traditional body scrubs, hamman and massages on offer. If you have never been to a Moroccan spa this is truely an experience not to be missed! All appointments can be made during your stay.
The beautiful Spa
All rooms and suites have their own private balcony overlooking the ocean and offer the following: wifi, Flat screen TV with satellite reception, DVD player, Minibar, Reversible air-conditioner (warm/cold), Personal Safe Box , Hairdryer, small kitchen, bathrobes, towels and toiletries, en suite bathroom, seating area, black out curtains.
In addition the luxury Suites have a seperate living room. Rooms have either king beds or twin beds for sharing. If you would like to share a room we will match you with another guests of the same gender and age range or simply bring a friend !
Example of the buffet meals for dinner – there are at least 20 different dishes (appetizers, soups, main courses and desserts to choose from)
We will be doing a day trip (approx. 11am- 5pm) to the famous Paradise Valley, which is a section of the Tamrath river in the Atlas mountains. Famous for its rock pools, crystal clear water and beautiful waterfalls set in a beautiful scenery we will spend a day exploring, swimming and walking through this natural paradise. The day also includes a Berber style lunch and visit to a traditional argan oil farm. An absolute must see.
the Souk in Agadir
Further we will be visiting the famous Souk El Had (traditional Moroccan market) in Agadir, where you can buy spices, souvenirs, tea, coffee, clothes, jewelry and much more. With over 6000 stalls it is one of the largest markets in Northern Africa and well worth a visit.
The town of Taghazout
Home cooked Berber style lunch at our Paradise Valley day trip
- 7 nights Luxury Accommodation of your choice, either shared or single, in the Suite of your choice
- Daily healthy buffet Breakfast including fresh pressed juices and smoothies, healthy vegetables dishes and salads, wraps, egg dishes, wholemeal bread, cheese selection, jams, coffee and tea
- 5 * delicious and healthy dinner with a choice of traditional Moroccan and international dishes
- 1* traditional Berber style lunch with traditional meals
- ALL Hot Yoga classes in a heated room, workshops, Yin classes, posture clinics and more
- Excursion to the El Had Souk (traditional market) in Agadir including transfers
- Day trip to the famous Paradise Valley
- Return airport transfer on the day of the start and the day of departure of the retreat from Agadir airport to the Hotel
- ALL Yoga mats and towels
- Beach towels
- free WiFi
The beautiful hotel bar
PRICES (all prices are per person)
– All rooms with private balcony and Ocean View –
- Deluxe Room (king size bed, single occupancy): 2150 EUR
- Deluxe Room (twin beds for sharing – 2 guests in one room ): 1850 EUR
Deluxe rooms are also perfect for friends sharing. If you don’t bring a friend and would like to choose this option – no problem; we will match you with a room mate of the same gender and age range !
Suite (king size bed, separate large living room and kitchenette and over-sized bath tub):
– Single Occupancy – 3350 EUR
– Shared Occupancy (couples only – king size bed only available) – 2500 EUR p.p.
Shared accommodation – twin beds
- International/national flights are NOT included in the price
- Travel insurance is not included but highly recommended
- An initial 1000 EUR deposit is required to secure your place at the retreat and a 1500 EUR deposit for the Suite booking
- There is a 5% discount if the whole amount is paid up front
- The remaining amount is due no later than 10th Feb 2020
- Payments can be made via Credit Card or Bank transfer
- The Retreat is limited to 20 participants only
- Minimum Age is 18 years
- Any cancellation will require an administrative fee of $150 EUR
- Up to 150 days prior to the retreat start date – the full amount paid will be refunded
- Up to 120 days prior to the retreat start date – 40% of the full amount paid will be refunded
- Up to 100 days prior to the retreat start date – 20% of the full amount paid will be refunded
- After 80 days prior to the retreat start date – no refund applies
- Refunds will be reimbursed within 30 days of notification to us
- Please get travel insurance so you will be covered and reimbursed in case of unforeseen circumstances where you wont be able to attend the retreat!