Caribbean Style Seafood Ceviche
Definitely one of our favourite dishes – so refreshing and light! Ideal to bring a bit of Caribbean feel into your house with this recipe.
- 1 pound of seafood/fish – ideally white fish (e.g. mahi mahi) or bay scallops
- 8 limes, juiced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 5 green onions, minced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh cilantro (coriander)
- Rinse fish/seafood and place in a medium sized bowl. Pour lime juice over the fish/seafood. The fish/seafood should be completely immersed in the lime juice. Chill the lime juice and fish/seafood all day or overnight until fish/seafood are opaque (you cannot see through them).
- Empty 1/2 of the lime juice from the bowl. Add tomatoes, green onions, celery, green bell pepper, parsley, black pepper, olive oil, and cilantro to the scallop mixture. Stir gently.